October 31, 2018
Another day, another IU basketball season preview podcast! This time we've got 2/3rds of the Indiana Daily Student's men's basketball beat joining us in the studio, as Ben Portnoy and Cameron Drummond sit down to talk about:
- Today's press availability and what we learned from Archie Miller
- How much we can really take out of the scrimmage victory against Loyola (IL)
- How big the rotation will be this year, and why
- How the offense may end up working this year
Plus some other interesting items and tidbits. Be sure to check out the IDS's coverage of IU basketball at @ids_sports on Twiter, and be sure to keep tuning in this week and next as we canvas the sports media for opinion and analysis on the 2018-19 men's basketball season.
October 30, 2018
CrimsonCast continues its basketball preview pod series, this time with Jordan Wells and Stu Jackson from The Hoosier. Topics we cover include:
- The unknown and whether we should fear it
- Prospective 9-man rotations
- Who's got the best shot of emerging from outside the 9-man rotation
- Whether this team can make another defensive leap
- Which non-conference game is the best barometer for this team's ability level
Plus, we take some reader questions at the end, including a fun one The Assembly Call's Jerod Morris, a more serious one about the college basketball scandals, and a request for a recruiting update.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @CrimsonCast, and keep sending in questions throughout the week as our IU basketball preview podcasts continue.
October 27, 2018
In this podcast, words are used to discuss Indiana football's loss at Minnesota.
October 26, 2018
TheHoosier.com's Stu Jackson and Jordan Wells co-host this week's edition of Heard on The Hoosier, talking IU football at the midway point of its season and IU basketball as the start of its season approaches.
October 24, 2018
It's football preview podcast time! Three guests join us today:
- IUSTV Sports Director Auston Matricardi gives his perspective on IU's recent exploits
- GopherIllustrated's Ryan Burns gives us the lowdown on Minnesota's rapidly spiraling season
- The Herald Times's Mike Miller analyzes some of the positives and negatives of what IU's done so far, where they are at compared to his preseason expectations, and what we might expect from the game this weekend.
October 23, 2018
Scott chats with Jerod Morris of Assembly Call and Podcast on the Brink. They discuss how excited the fan base is for this upcoming basketball season. What players have shown the most development, and which ones need to show the most development. Which player could be the key to the season, yet is the forgotten man when looking at this new roster.
What are the ceiling expectations for this team, and what would really disappoint you?
Finally they provide some predictions for this year and look at how it could be similar to some seasons we have seen in the past.
October 21, 2018
We delve into the post-mortem of the Penn State loss, and talk about the major elements that came out of that game. The rushing attack looked quite good, which brought up many questions about why it's been so inconsistent all year. Freshman QB Michael Penix looked quite good, which brought up many questions of its own. IU struggled with self-inflicted wounds and mistakes which seemed to spike any chance at victory, which unfortunately is not a new problem for the program. We discuss the issues related to those items, and much more, on this episode of CrimsonCast.
October 19, 2018
Host Stu Jackson is joined by PennLive.com Penn State football reporter Dustin Hockensmith to preview Saturday's contest between the Nittany Lions and the Hoosiers in Bloomington.
October 18, 2018
On this episode, Galen is joined first by Zach Osterman of the Indy Star, and we have a wide-ranging conversation about Indiana's performance, the IU offense's issues, and what the rest of the season may hold. Then we welcome WIUX's Austin Render to the podcast, as he offers his evaluation of Penn State heading into this weekend's matchup. All of that plus some broader evaluation of fan reaction to Indiana's current situation on this episode of CrimsonCast.
October 17, 2018
IU head coach Archie Miller received a handful of questions surrounding recruiting at Big Ten Media Day in Chicago. The audio of those quotes, plus an additional number of questions are inside.